May 2021 Meeting Minutes

SnoVARC Business Meeting Minutes – May 6th 2021 


Howard WA1HEM 

Robin WA7CPA 

Irvina W7IRM 

Shawn K7ATA 

Kirt K7KDW 

Paul W7PFB 

Ralph KC7QXD 

Ken W7ECK 

Tom called the meeting to order at 6:16pm 

Tom requested approval of April’s minutes. Shawn motioned and Paul seconded. Motion passed unanimously.  

Tom gave Treasurer’s report – The club had a cash balance of $8,884.01 as of 4/28/21. Robin and Lindy reached out to Falls Alliance – and could not find a valid EIN number nor verify their 501(3)c status. Robin suggested that we pause on the donation. Robin made a motion to withdraw the donation until future verification of the not for profit was made available. Motion passed unanimously. 

Repeater Task force – Shawn gave an update on the Cougar Mt. Repeater. No known issues. Ken made a DTMF pass through. Echolink and IRLP are up working. The overall repeater health is good. Next major update is to possibly link all repeaters up or connect all repeaters to IRLP or Allstar.  The Tech team will schedule a trip to Cougar Mt to do more detailed documentation. Conversation ensued. No motions were made.  

Tom gave the Emcomm committee update. The first Disaster Support Volunteer (DSV) meeting was held at station 66. The next DSV meeting on the 17th at station 66. Potential for receiving ID badges and door access codes. Conversation ensued. No motions were made. 

Irvina – no new updates.  

Kirt – no new updates.  

Paul gave a Carnation Shack update – Tom asked what others can do to help with the carnation shack cleanout. It was suggested that the club buy large totes and put non-essential equipment in those totes and store at Evac hill. Paul suggested that we put all the totes on pallets to easily move and to reduce chance of condensation in the totes. Paul suggested that we ask the Red-Cross to purchase a pallet jack and place it in the storage space.  Conversation ensued. No motions made 

Old Business 

Tom suggested that we arrange to have Sandy Duval to join a presentation for tee shirts, etc. 

All badges are nearly caught up 

Howard gave a Marketing update – A new email for new and old hams is being created. Mailing list each month. Will send to group to edit. Conversation ensued. No motions made.  

Ralph suggested having a hybrid session of the new meetings using in person at Station 66 and on zoom. Conversation ensued. No motions were made.  

Tom will not be in a place to conduct the 6M tune up. Shawn (with Howard as backup) will conduct the exercise in his stead.  

New Business: 

Joanne Myers cannot do mowing of her yard which has gotten out of control. Tom asked for volunteers to help clean up the yard and check in on the repeater. Tom will schedule a time to schedule a work party. Conversation ensued. No motions were made.  

Ken verified that the scripts are enabled to automate IRLP. 

Tom asked for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Paul motioned and Howard Seconded. Motion passed. Club meeting closed at 6:55  

You may also like...